How to make your teacher gifts extra special
With Christmas just around the corner and the term coming to an end, teacher gifts are on the minds of many parents. Instead of getting the same old teacher gifts, we have a few ideas to give them a special twist. Teachers always appreciate a personal touch to their gift this Christmas so keep reading to see our ideas on how to make your gifts extra special! The best bit is that these won’t break the bank so are great if you have to purchase multiple presents this December.
The Essential Teacher bag with homemade biscuits
Our Essential Teacher bags pair perfectly with some homemade biscuits. Or if you are running short on time, teachers will always appreciate a selection box to share around!
For some extra inspiration, here’s our favourite biscuit recipe for our super easy, super yummy chocolate chunk cookies:
- 250g butter
- 300g soft brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 300g self-raising flour plus 240g plain flour (mixed together)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 350g dark or milk chocolate (or a mix), cut into small chunks (this will make them really amazingly chocolatey, you could reduce this a bit if you wanted!)
- Preheat oven to 160 deg C
- Melt butter in a big bowl in the microwave, then add both types of sugar and stir. Add the beaten egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour gradually to the butter / sugar mix until fully combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the cookie mixture onto a non-stick or lined baking sheet (leave plenty of room between the cookies as they will spread!)
- Bake for 10-12 mins or until very lightly golden, remove from oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Personalised notebook with a handwritten note
Our personalised notebooks can be personalised with your teacher’s name, but you can also add your own handwritten note on the first page. This is a great way to add a heartfelt message from your child to say thank you for all their teacher’s hard work. If your child has been learning to read and write this is also a great chance to show off what they’ve learnt!
Personalised pencil case with their favourite marker
Does your teacher have a favourite colour pen to mark work? Why not add the pen to our pencil case for a personal touch. You can also add highlighters and marker pens and include these inside the pencil case.
Finally, remember we now offer gift wrapping for notebooks and bags. So if you would like to take the stress out of the wrapping, just select gift wrapped or boxed when choosing your item! Our gift wrapping has an eco-friendly focus as it’s all completely recyclable.
We hope these few simple ideas give you some inspiration on how to make your teacher gifts extra special this year. Remember, if you are short of ideas for presents, please take a look at our collection of teacher gifts for something thoughtful to give to your teachers this Christmas.