From the 9th October Stickerscape is proud to be supporting Baby Loss Awareness UK 2017. Working with Five Little Doves, we’ll be using the week to raise awareness by discussing baby loss and sharing real-life blogs and support information. At the end of the week (Sunday 15th October) we will join the wave of light at 7 pm.
To support this fantastic charity we’ll be donating £1.00 from every order placed on our website during October.
For those of you not aware of Baby Loss Awareness week, it is an opportunity:
- for bereaved parents, and their families and friends, to unite with others across the world to commemorate their babies’ lives.
- to raise awareness about the issues surrounding pregnancy and baby loss in the UK, and push for tangible improvements in services, support, research or policy around bereavement support.
- to let the public and key stakeholders what charities and other support organisations are doing on bereavement support around pregnancy and baby loss.
For more information please visit babyloss-awareness.org.
This year there are 5 charities promoting Baby Awareness Week.
- Sands (Stillbirth & neonatal death charity) – www.sands.org.uk
- Bliss (for babies born premature or sick) – www.bliss.org.uk
- The Lullaby Trust (raising awareness of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)) – www.lullabytrust.org.uk
- The Miscarriage Association – www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk ; and
- Tommy’s – www.tommys.org
All of these charities play a huge role in this week and we are delighted to be supporting their initiative this year.
Want to support this initiative?
All the information to get involved is available at babyloss-awareness.org. You can also pledge your support by purchasing a pin from one of their designated charities. For more information click here.